Specialists in Rural Protection
Rural theft is now one of the fastest growing crimes in the UK. Due to increased CCTV coverage in built up areas and with potentially large rewards and a relatively low risk of being caught, criminals are increasingly seeing farms and rural areas as highly lucrative ‘soft targets’. It is estimated that theft of farm vehicles, agricultural equipment and livestock costs farmers nearly 50 million each year. Add to this the theft of fuel, scrap metal and power tools, as well as the more chilling threat of the theft of agricultural fertilizer (used in the production of HME, Home Made Explosives), it is easy to see why farmers are turning to the assistance of a specialist security provider such as RSS.
* 07/07/17. Thieves have stolen a tractor and a hedge trimmer in an overnight raid on a farm in Dorset. The red Massey Ferguson 6290 tractor and telescopic hedgetrimmer were taken over night.
*11/05/17. Dorset Police issued an alert to the fact that Avon and Somerset police have experienced a series of livestock and farm machinery theft in the Somerset east area. There have also been associated thefts of livestock lorries and trailers.
Sheep and cattle rustling is a crime usually associated with the wild west, but farmers across the UK are reporting a huge increase in cases of livestock theft. This year alone over 250,000 pounds worth of sheep have been stolen in Cumbria, and 50,000 pounds worth in Somerset. Rising meat prices are assessed to be fuelling the an explosion in the theft of sheep and cattle with tens of thousands of animals being stolen from farmland each year.
In previous years rural crime tended to be targeted on the theft of fuel, farm tools and machinery, especially agricultural vehicles such as tractors, trailers, quads and harvesters, with an estimated 2000 farm vehicles being stolen in the UK each year, but with increased security around these, thieves are turning their attention to the more traditional crime of rustling and house/property breaking. Criminals are increasingly turning to rural areas because heightened security in urban communities, with the prevalence of CCTV, is making it more difficult to get away with things in towns and cities. In 2014 rural crime was estimated to have cost the British economy around 44.5 million pounds, up more than 5% on 2012.
RSS operators can utilize their military skills by going overt or un detected in a covert protective role, in the protection of your rural land and assets. Allow us to take away the worry and stress of guarding what is important to you. Using new and existing technology combined with our operational security teams, we are capable of protecting any piece of land no matter how remote, in any weather, day and night.
Going away, worried about leaving your property unoccupied? We can help. Our specialist team of unobtrusive Residential Security Teams will provide the full protection of you abode. From a designated security room to the more popular 24hr manned car on the drive. Our RST’s will guarantee you peace of mind.
Covert Remote Rural Motion Cameras: Don’t want obtrusive security, why not consider our RRMC’s. What is motion viewing;
Essentially RSS can place our RRMC’s on any peace of land, construction site or farm without access to power or an internet connection. This system can be linked to our 24hr operations room or direct to our mutually supporting security operators, offering an effective rapid response to any unwanted activity. These RRMC’s identify movement and capture video footage and still images, which are sent immediately to the receiving operator who will assess and implement the appropriate response.
Reasons why you should never be without farm or rural location security;
1. Police are warning that both petty thieves and criminal gangs are now see rural locations as ‘soft targets’.
2. An estimated 2000 farm vehicles including tractors and harvesters are stolen from UK farms each year.
3. The NFU estimates that over 60,000 sheep are annually stolen in the UK for both blood lines and the rising illegal meat trade.
4. Metals such as old machinery, gates and grids are increasingly being targeted by scrap metal thieves. As well as the loss, this can result in valuable livestock becoming vulnerable on roads and tracks.
5. Theft of fuel from storage tanks and unattended farm vehicles is at an all time high due to the rising cost of oil.
6. Insurance premiums can rocket once a claim against theft is made. They can be greatly reduced with the provision of a security provider.